Finance and Operations Director, ZIHA
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 08/25/2022
Deadline Date: Open until the position is filled.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Zambia for over 25 years.
JSI seeks a dynamic and experienced Finance and Operations (F&O) Director for the anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). The Activity will work in 3 provinces, Copperbelt, North Western, and Central, with the main objective focused on HIV prevention, care and treatment with integrated health services, specifically family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) as well as maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH).
The F&O Director is a full-time position based in Lusaka and will oversee project finance, operational and administrative duties, including human resource management, information and communication technology, grants management, and procurement. S/he will ensure the financial systems and internal controls are in place and comply with the standard US Government and JSI/HQ policy and procedures. S/he will provide management support and implementation in the implementation of program activities. S/he will work closely with and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
- Provide financial management and administration of the activity, and management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities
- Coordinate with the COP to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly field accounts
- Preparing and presenting project Pipeline Analysis on regular basis to the Senior Management Team for discussion
- Oversee sub-grant management and support the implementation of the project’s electronic data management platform (SalesForce)
- Support supply chain management expertise to support quantification and advocacy around commodities and supply chains
- Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities.
- Oversee project procurement procedures
- Oversee granting and financial support to local partners
- Collaborate with Boston office to ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to USAID.
- Ensure the management and compliance is in line with financial requirements for USAID, JSI and the laws of the GOG.
- Support in implementation of all policies and procedures of JSI, both local and global.
- Provide training and/or guidance to staff on financial controls and operational systems
- Support the COP and the team in responding to Financial and performance audits as and when necessary
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the COP.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant field, or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years or more of experience
- A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs
- Demonstrated senior level experience working with PEPFAR funded programs and/or other USAID funded activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, supply chain support, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: