Republic Of Zambia
Ministry Of Health Provincial Health Office
Employment Opportunities (Internal And External)
Provincial Health Office, Western Province with support from US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB. STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject for renewal:
Location: Provincial Health Office
Reports to: Principal investigator
Job Purpose: To provide oversight coordination in the implementation of all COAG supported services in the province.
- Coordinate systems strengthening for TB/HIV services implementation in the province.
- Oversees administrative management of TB/HIV services in the province.
- Coordinates implementation, monitoring and evaluation of TB/HIV Treatment, care and support services in the Province,
- Facilitate quarterly program monitoring visits to all supported sites.
- Facilitates holding of partners’ coordination meetings in the province.
- Facilitates timely responses to CDC Technical Reviews and concerns.
- Facilitates preparation of TB/HIV Treatment, care, and support services action plans in line with CDC Annual Planning and budgeting guidelines.
- Facilitates preparation of Country Operational Plans (COP) focusing on TB/HIV Treatment, core, and support objectives targets, strategies and activities.
- Facilitates tracking of TB/HIV treatment, care, and support services budgets at implementation level in line with CDC Annual Planning and budgeting guidelines
- Undertakes accurate and timely preparation and submission of the TB/HIV program implementation schedules.
- Coordinates and facilitates routine analysis of program data, reviewing and communicating feedback to individual supported districts.
- Full grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) Levels
- Must be between the age of 21 and 45 years
- Bachelors in Public health, Project Management and Development studies
- Masters in Public Health will be an added advantage
- Must have Five (5) years of relevant traceable experience in PEPFAR Health Programs of which a minimum of three years should be in management position
- Must have experience in managing HIV/AIDS PEPFAR Programs including budgeting and planning
- Knowledge of GRZ and/or USG financial regulations
- Ability to write technicalpapers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Computer literate, Managerial skills, good interpersonal relations, ability to use initiative and trustworthiness
Method of Application
Instructions for submission of applications
The applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae. Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director,
Provincial Health Office,