Republic of Zambia
Ministry of Health Provincial Health Office
Employment Opportunities (Internal And External)
Provincial Health Office, Western Province with support from US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB. STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject for renewal:
Location: Health Facility Level: Western Province
Job Purpose: To provide PMTCT/EID services to contribute towards elimination of Vertical transmission of HIV
Reports to: Facility in charge
Principal Accountability (Main Duties):
- Undertakes HIV testing and counseling for pregnant women, their partners and HEls according to national guidelines
- Implements re-testing policy in ANC, L&D and PN
- Provides IPT according to national guidelines
- Manages all HIV infected P/MBP clients, sexual partners according to the national guidelines at facility level. Provide PrEP in discordant couples.
- Establishes a working system to track clients who miss ANC. PNC. clinical/lab appointments and pharmacy refills, and ensure documentation of clients brought back on care and ART.
- Undertakes routine and targeted monitoring for treatment failure through regular assessment of VL and/CD4 count as per national guidelines, and results documented in medical records
- Provides care to clients with High Viral load (HVL)
- Undertake timely reporting and requisition of PMTCT logistics
- Maintains up to date individual patient records and an adequate and secure storage space with an organized filing system that allows for easy accessibility and patient confidentiality
- Provides timely implementation of departmental/individual work plans in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance and facilitate the attainment of set program objectives
- Collects facility data, analyzes it uses findings to inform activities, and submits monthly reports on progress made towards set targets
- Undertakes Identification and implementation of QI/QA projects in order to improve quality of PMTCT/EID service.
- Grade 12 full certificate or equivalent
- Must be between 21 and 45 years
- Diploma in Nursing or Enrolled Midwifery
- Must be registered with General Nursing Council of Zambia with valid practicing license
- TWO (2) years relevant work experience
- Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Computer literacy, good interpersonal relations and ability to use initiative.
- Instructions for submission of applications
Method of Application
Instructions for submission of applications
The applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae. Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director,
Provincial Health Office,