Ministry Of Health Provincial Health Office
Employment Opportunities (Internal And External)
Provincial Health Office, Western Province with support from US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB. STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject for renewal:
Watch what a needy and deprived wife does to her busy husband
A woman whose husband neglects her prays for his downfall
LOCATION: District in Western Province
To coordinate and implement targeted interventions aimed at reaching out to children, adolescent girls and younger women, key populations and adult men with HIV prevention, testing treatment and care services.
Reports To: District Health Director
Principal Accountability (Main Duties)
- Prepare schedule of activities and oversee implementation of community HIV activities in order to attain set objectives.
- Participate in district planning in order to harmonize activities being implementation
- Effectively coordinate the provision of quality community index testing social network testing, differentiated service delivery, and adolescent services
- Collaborate with other stakeholders (line ministries, local authorities, USG implementing partners and community based organizations in order to accelerate HIV case identification, linkage to treatment, and maximize retention on care.
- Coordinate activities of the community sub-grantee in assigned districts
- Support scaling up the implementation of community ART health posts Community Adherence Groups Home ART delivery, and the facility based differentiated models including male clinics
- Supervise facility and community based staff to ensure timely implementation of activities and achievement of planned outcomes.
- Undertake regular supportive visit to Community Implementing Partners.
- Provide technical support on Differentiated Service Delivery Models (DSD), PrEP and other HIV Prevention services to facility staff and community based volunteers.
- Mentor facility and community staff in community adherence, tracking mobilization, and data capture and reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate activities in the delivery of health services in order to ensure implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Facilitate holding of district and facility meetings to review community based HIV interventions Disseminate PrEP, PEP. Test and Treat, and differentiated service delivery
- policies and guidelines in the district.
- Facilitate the use of standardized screening, data capturing and reporting tools
- Provide mentorship in community HIV prevention, testing and care to the facility and community based staff.
Job Specifications/ Requirements
- Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent
- Degree in Social Science, Public Health, Environmental Health and Social work .
- Must be between Age 21 and 55 years
- 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Computer literate, Managerial skills Good Interpersonal relations, initiative.
Method of Application
Instructions for submission of applications
The applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae. Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director,
Provincial Health Office,