Ministry Of Health Provincial Health Office
Employment Opportunities (Internal And External)
Provincial Health Office, Western Province with support from US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB. STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on contract basis subject for renewal:
LOCATION: District Hospital in Western Province
JOB PURPOSE: To provide ART related pharmaceutical services and activities in high volume sites to enable uninterrupted supply of logistics. Reports to: ART-in-Charge
Principal Accountability (Main Duties):
- Takes regular stock of ARVs and related logistics, updates inventory data for both electronic and paper based records
- Maintains proper storage of ART drugs and related supplies
- Supports facilities in timely placement of orders to ensure uninterrupted supply of logistics
- Provides logistical support to enable fast tracking of clients on ART and provides 6 months supply to stable clients (6MMS)
- Pre-packs ARVs for clients on Fast-Track. Facility and community Based DSD models
- Undertakes technical support to health care workers. Counselors and Lay Counselors on usage of logistics tools (DARS, stock control cards to ensure efficient use of ART logistics
- Supports hospitals in commodity management forecasting, quantification and ordering) to ensure uninterrupted supply of ARVs and related logistics
- Monitors treatment regimens for clients on ART and collaborates with ART providers to ensure that all PLHIV are on standard regimens
- Participates in monitoring effects of ARVs and related drugs in order to timely identify and evaluate adverse reactions
- Compiles weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as any other ad-hoc reports in the required formats.
- Grade 12 Full Certificate or equivalent
- Must be between the age of 21 and 45 years
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a reputable institution
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid practicing license
- Three (3) years relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of ARVs and Essential Medicines Logistics management
- Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
- Ability to communicate fuently in English and local languages
- Computer literate, Managerial skills, Good Interpersonal relations and ability to use initiative.
Method of Application
Instructions for submission of applications
The applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae. Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director,
Provincial Health Office,