The advertiser is a reputable company in the energy sector and wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacancy:
To undertake the function of Procurement from sourcing, tendering, evaluation supplier management, relationship and expedition to ensure the organization gets value for its money
- Coordinating with stores and all user departments and other stakeholders regarding procurement of required materials, services or works and provide information/advice on supply matters.
- Liaise with user department for technical specifications and development review.
- Identification of potential suppliers, preparation and dispatching of relevant documentation required to handle purchases (both informal and formal tenders)
- Receiving bids/quotations; quotation analysis for low value purchases and make recommendations on the best options and participating in tender evaluation for high value purchases (formal tenders) which are submitted to the Procurement Committee.
- Expediting delivery of goods and services to KNBEPC at the desired time contract management to ensure timely delivery
- Filling and maintenance records.
- Sourcing materials and services
- Tender invitation, tender evaluation and negotiation, tender award and order placing
- Research for potential suppliers and Registration in Database.
- Secretarial services to the tender committee when need be
- Any other duties, management may assign
Qualifications and Experience
- Foundation Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- A current 2022 member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Public Procurement is an added advantage especially with the public procurement Act No. 8 of 2020 and Public Procurement Regulations of 2022
- A Degree in Procurement and Supply is an added advantage
- Experience of 5 years
- Clean Driver’s License
- Applicants should – Be Zambian citizens with a Green Nation Registration Card
- Between 25 and 40 years of age
Tenure of Employment
An initial contract of three (3) years fixed terms contract.
Method of Application
Applicants meeting the criteria for the above jobs should send their CVs and handwritten application letters to:
The Human Resource Specialist
P.O Box 35874
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.