Eastern Tropical Fruits Ltd (“ETF” or the “Company”) is a greenfield project that that is owned by Zambia Fruit Company, a subsidiary of the Industrial Development Corporation (“IDC”), and VitaPlus Foods Limited. The Company is located in Katete District of the Eastern Province and
seeks to establish bulk agricultural infrastructure that facilitates national food production while adding value for local and export markets. As part of its growth strategy, ETF is hereby seeking to employ suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following positions:
- Provide positive leadership to the business by living the values and create and maintain the work environment that delivers superior performance.
- Provide the guidance, direction and support for finance staff to achieve their potential.
- Lead by example with a bias for action, outcome driven, strong commercial advice and be an effective and relied on business partner of the management team.
- Lead and drive the focus on performance priorities and be the engine for the seeking and delivering business improvements.
- Build and maintain superior working relationships right across organisation to enable delivery of superior performance.
- Manage the relationship with internal service providers and address issues with these parties if it comprises business performance or integrity.
- Establish a positive and effective working relationship with Finance to deliver complete and accurate results free from error consistently monthly.
- Ensure financial integrity with strict compliance to local statutory, regulatory, legislative and tax requirements.
- Ensure financial integrity with strict compliance to Group Reporting standards.
Performance Management and Reporting:
- Ownership of the performance management framework and work proactively across the business and management group to implement the necessary corrective actions.
- Drive performance management on the key performance indicators including demand, availability gaps, price achievement, profitability and working capital.
- Deliver the annual budget, business plans and monthly forecast for the business.
- Manage and supervise operations in Procurement, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, finance and internal service providers (Via Parent Company i.e. Enterprise Risk, Treasury and Group Corporate Finance) and address issues with these parties if it comprises business performance or integrity.
- Manage relationships within country tax and regulatory authorities, acting as the business’s legal representative in coordination with Group Corporate Finance.
- Challenge and lead financial/commercial aspects of the business and ownership of existing and new business models.
- Deliver profitability analysis at product level and linkage to commercial decisions, both within Eastern Tropical and on a group wide basis.
- Provide commercial input into business reviews and potential opportunities.
- Identification of opportunity costs and efficiency opportunities and implement within authority levels.
- Take the lead on value improvement initiatives including interface with functional units such as Sales, Procurement, production, and Marketing.
- Lead the compliance to policies and procedures, delegated authorities, and business rules ensuring these are clearly articulated and understood across the Divisional teams.
- Ensure systems and processes produce reliable results within the required timeframe.
- Development of financial plans including budgeting and forecasting for the short and long term.
- Analysing the business performance, including the profitability, revenue, pricing, and cost of goods sold.
- Managing budgets, expenses and pricing and commercial arrangements.
- Lead role in advising around pricing for commercial contracts.
- Driving efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and delivered on budget.
- Partnering with business managers, external stakeholders, and departmental heads to drive financial performance of the institution.
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing department by conducting analysis of commercial opportunities and closure of sales leads.
- Develop business growth strategies to help meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Attend networking events and build industry connections to facilitate business growth.
- Negotiate new projects and contract terms with new clients.
- Preparing models to assess future profitability of identified opportunities.
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional Qualifications in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields.
- Professional Membership.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in management or similar position.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: