Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of: –
Reporting: Mine Surveyor
To assist and support surveyors in field surveys by preparing survey equipment, transporting, assembling, maintaining and laying out surveying equipment.
- Performing routine tasks to assist Mine Surveyors by transporting, assembling, maintaining, and laying out surveying equipment, marking development ends, drilling, and installing of pegs.
- Carrying out survey data analysis on survey data and maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all files in the survey database.
- Setting out of all mine design and geological requirements, this includes preparation of set out plans for all designated staff to utilise.
- Carrying out stockpile surveys on a regular basis to enable accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month for reconciliation and ore stock calculations.
- Ensuring that survey activities comply with Safety and Health policies and procedures.
- Marking survey lines in development ends.
- Drilling and installing pegs
Skills & Qualifications: –
- At least a grade 12 school certificate
- 2 years’ work experience in underground operations as added advantage
- Manual valid driver’s licence
- Experience in mechanised/non-mechanised mining operations Hazard Identification and control measures
- Proven knowledge in safe handling and use of survey equipment added advantage
- Ability to follow instructions and promote teamwork
- Ability to learn quickly and working with minimum supervision
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner,
Mabiza Resources Ltd,
Or email your application and C.V.