BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. BIA is present in Europe, Africa and Asia and has more than 1000 enthusiastic employees.
The primary objective of the Technical Support Representative (Cummins) is to assist customer in order to ensure that the equipment on the SLA contract is maintained to the highest standards, to achieve customer target availabilities and to continuously perform professional high quality work, to provide mentoring and training assistance to the TA’s and customer maintenance staff.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Do regular and thorough machine inspections following OEM standards and compile quotations, open and close off jobs, provide detailed maintenance reports to the customer and Cummins
- Discuss the above reports with the customer and assist in compiling action plans to rectify the problems as highlighted and maintain open communication channels with the customer and BIA site management team
- Utilise these reports to also improve parts and service sales to the customer
- Comply with customer’s safety regulations, safety standards and customer specific safety standards
- Strive to ensure that all people working on the Cummins equipment are fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in working with this equipment and report unsafe acts to the relevant authorities
- Drive maintenance initiatives and make recommendations to improve the machine availabilities, maintenance staff and TA’s correct repair procedures and work practices
Who are we looking for?
- At least 5 years mining experience and Cummins equipment
- Self-Training – you are expected to continuously increase your technical knowledge and expertise through self-study and through the various training courses/programs provided to you by the company or OEM’s
- Self-Development to a high level of performance with respect to technical product knowledge, troubleshooting, fault finding and equipment application
- Mine site operations experience
- Good understanding of maintenance philosophy
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Previous management skills would be advantages
- Must have a valid trade certificate
- Minimum of N-3 or equivalent qualification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Computer literate
What’s in it for you?
- A permanent contract
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
- A company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfully growing family-owned company
- Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
- In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: