Reports to: Managing Director
Our Clients are looking for a Head of Human Resources to Join their team.
The Head of Human Resources develops policies and directs and coordinates human resources activities such as Recruitment & Selection, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management System, Training & Development, Administration and Employee Relations.
The Head of Human Resources in addition to dealing with staff welfare and administration-centred activities will also deal with strategy and staff planning which will cut across the company.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To be successful in this role you must have a clear understanding of your employer’s business objectives and be able to devise and implement policies that select, develop and retain the right staff to meet these objectives.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Recruiting staff which involves drawing up Job Profiles from existing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts and arranging head hunting of personnel, receiving and checking job applications, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- In conjunction with Heads/Line Managers develop and regularly review job descriptions for all positions
- Advertise and fill vacant positions with competent staff
- Promote a work culture where employees relate well with other fellow employees to attain their full potential
- Ensure that all expectations in terms of workplace behaviours are clearly communicated to all staff
- Dealing with Grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Resolve any conflicts that might arise
- Ensuring that all contracts of employment issued to staff are up to date and consistent with the Labour Laws
Staff Learning, Training and Development:
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers using the Balanced Scorecards
- Identify skills gaps then recommend appropriate training interventions
- Manage the induction training
Policy Development & Implementation:
- Working closely with the various CEOs and Company Heads in assisting CEOs/Heads/Senior management to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing policies
- Updating of the Staff member handbook
- Interpreting and advising on Employment Law
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider both immediate and long-term requirements
Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Coordinating the pay and other remuneration issues, including the arranging of acting allowances, promotion and pay increases
- Undertaking periodic salary reviews
- In collaboration with Finance, ensure payroll is processed and run on time
- Staff Records management
- Maintaining leave plan records
- Managing staff communications
- Understanding of the Zambian Labour Laws.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Work, MS Teams and other MS office packages
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
Academic and professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration/Management or related field
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV and application letter to this email: