Grade: CEC7 | Contract Type: Permanent | Location: Kitwe
This role will coordinate and facilitate implementation of employee welfare programmes, Company medical scheme administration, provide guidance to employees on employee relations matters and ensure that statutory and domestic Company regulations are adhered to in keeping with the Company’s Code of Conduct. This position reports to the Senior Manager – Remuneration and Employee Relations.
- Provide guidance on the interpretation of standard Conditions of Service and related employee policies, guidelines and labour statutes in order to ensure compliance, consistency and fairness in their interpretation and application.
- Administer the Company Medical Scheme by ensuring that Company registered health facilities and services are always readily accessible to staff and their eligible family members.
- Closely monitor and control medical costs by ensuring that exclusions are enforced by service providers. Propose initiatives to Management that would promote medical cost minimization.
- Ensure that all medical utilization costs are reviewed and settled promptly, as they fall due.
- Ensure that the Company First Aid Clinic and Ambulance are fully compliant with statutory requirements from the Health Professions Council of Zambia and other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Closely monitor and control medical utilization costs at the Company First Aid Clinic by ensuring adherence to approved budgetary cost lines.
- Ensure CEC and Company First Aid Clinic service provider are in compliance with service agreement at all times.
- Facilitate Pneumoconiosis initial and periodical examinations for eligible employees.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to the same are well maintained for ease of reference.
- Facilitate provision of other employee welfare plans and additional initiatives introduced by the Company from time to time.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree in Social Science, Human Resources Management or equivalent, from a reputable institution.
- 2 years’ experience in Human Resources Management with practical experience gained in an HR role and context of similar complexity.
- Must be a member of ZIHRM Specific Technical and Behavioural Competencies.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- An in-depth understanding of current Zambian labour laws and legislation.
- Sound business acumen with ability to anticipate and interpret changes impacting on Employee Relations programmes and approaches.
- Team player with ability to interact with and guide all levels of the Company hierarchy on HR policies /procedures and Employee Relations matters.
- Ability to operate computer-aided human resource applications.
- Committed, pays attention to details and shows resourcefulness under pressure.
Method of Application
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are requested to provide daytime contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.