Our Client in the Hospitality Industry seeks to recruit a Night Auditor to join their Front Office Team. The Night Auditor will be responsible for bookkeeping and front office management. S/he will be responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, processing their bills, and attending to any requests made by guests during their shift.
Department : Front Office
Reports To : Front Office Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all guest service representative functions as required and as per the standard operating procedures; assists in booking room reservations; assists guests in check-in and check-out , assists in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests on messages.
- thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures
- Facilitates with the general security of the hotel in the night, as well as ensuring proper security of department keys.
- Promptly respond to guest requests in a friendly manner and follows upon any complaints or concerns to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Presenting options and alternatives to guests as well as offering assistance in making choices using suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and promote other services of the hotel.
- Prepares various audit worksheets as well as the daily flash reports
- Completes and transmits daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents; prepares customer tracking report, accommodation and food & beverage revenue reports necessary to ensure the accurate accounting of hotel revenues and expenses.
- Communicates with other hotel departments as necessary to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request for, or provide information.
- Verify room charges and rates; verifies and ensure register has appropriate starting cash.
- Manage daily paperwork including occupancy report; guest list; cash drawer summary; balance sheet; account summary; history file; and housekeeping report.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department and keeps them up to date with the room status reports. Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work with the maintenance team.
Skills and Competences:
- Communication skills
- ICT Literacy
- Analytic skills
- Experience with accounting procedure
- Good customer service, problem-solving skills
- Must have minimum diploma in accounting/finance or related field from an accredited university with/or at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Certificate in General Hospitality or Office Management will be an added advantage
Due to the nature of the job which involves a lot of of movement, this position requires one to be physically fit and able stand for long periods of time.
S/he be flexible with scheduling and willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Method of Application
Forward a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant academic certificates strictly as one document to this email:
Strictly Only candidates that meet the criteria are advised to apply.