Principal for lusaka open business College (Lobc) – Required
Lusaka Open Business College (LOBC) is a leading College that was established in 2014 and is located at 24 Katimamulilo Road in Olympia Park, Lusaka district.
It is anchored on the vision of being an accomplished leader in the provision of business, entrepreneurship, and Nursing education of global quality with its motto “where even the best gets better”.
LOBC offers Business programs on full-time, part-time, and distance education modes of study and the Registered Nursing Diploma Programme on full-time.
LOBC is registered and operates under TEVATA Act No. 13 of 1998, General Nurses and Midwives Council (GNC) of Zambia Act No. 31 of 1997, and Higher Education Authority (HEA) Act No. 2021.
LOBC invites applications from mature, proactive, highly motivated, results-oriented, suitably qualified, and experienced persons to fill the position of COLLEGE PRINCIPAL.
Reporting to: Lobc Chairperson /Board Of Directors
Job Key Responsibilities
- To provide leadership, strategic direction, and maintenance of good governance of the Business and Nursing schools.
- To interpret, implement (college’s) policies and formulate strategies for managing the College, within the provisions of TEVETA, General Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia, Higher Education Authority and the mandate given by the Board as well as general guidelines; and to evolve the necessary philosophy, policies and plans to enable the College to transform into an astute one.
- To grow student numbers by aggressively marketing the College’s programs and short courses.
- Responsible for the overall operational management, profitability, viability and financial well-being, and sustainability of the College.
- To provide innovative and creative leadership that responds to changing environments.
- To maintain up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, and academic calendars
- Provides technological solutions for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of College Operations.
- To facilitate holding of quarterly Board Meetings and Annual General meetings.
- Ensures Financial statements are produced and annual audits undertaken within
- stipulated time frames.
- Ensures compliance with statutory payments
- Ensures College assets are secured.
2. Qualifications and Experience:
- An earned Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or equivalent in any field of study;
- An earned management and leadership Postgraduate training an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years of senior executive leadership experience with at least Three (3) years in higher education or business or comparable environment.
3. Desirable Skills And Personality Characteristics:
- A compelling vision of how LOBC Nursing and Business College should position itself and develop in the context of new opportunities and challenges (Strategic leader and forward thinker)
- An ability to articulate shared goals and mobilize and inspire others towards the vision;
- The ability to represent LOBC Nursing and Business College at all levels in corporate and public sectors
- The ability to work in collaboration with staff, students, and external partners
- Resilience and ability to work effectively under pressure and with governance committees
Strong business acumen and ability to transform an evolving and growing learning institution into a world-class College:
- (vii) An approachable, flexible, and change-oriented attitude;
- Ability to work confidently and sensitively across cultures and other divides; and
- A commitment to accountability, credibility, equity, diversity, and social justice.
The position applied for should be clearly stated in the application letter and marked on the envelope.
Method of Application
Applications with certified copies of certificates and at least three traceable referees should be addressed to:
The Board Chairperson,
Lusaka Open Business college,
24 Katimamulilo Road, Olympia Park
LOBC where Even the Best Gets Better