Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Duty Station: Petauke
The Programme Manager is responsible for strategically driving, coordinating and reporting on the results of the programme/assigned projects, using an adaptive management and learning and reflection approach to achieve outcomes and impact for meaningful and lasting change for children.
The Programme Manager works closely with Field Manager Eastern Region and Country Office Senior Management Team to meet all program -related objectives in the Country Office. The Programme Manager is accountable for effective and efficient management of programs in ways that ensure resources are focused on reaching strategic objectives, meeting donor expectations and adhering to all internal and external standards.
Reports to: Field Manager – Eastern Region
Staff reporting to this post: Child Protection Coordinator, MEAL Coordinator, Health Coordinator and Education Coordinator , Senior Sponsorship Operations Coordinator and Senior Finance Officer
Key Areas of Accountability:
1 Manage Strategic alignment
Work Cross-Functionally to set and achieve Strategic Objectives focused on Improving Children’s Lives:
- Ensure strategic alignment and contribution of the Sponsorship Program to both Country Office and SC global strategic priorities.
- Ensure that Field Manager – Eastern Region and SMT members are kept appraised/updated of critical and strategic Sponsorship Program engagements and risks.
- Ensure integrated rollout of Sponsorship and Child Protection operations and program in ways that cultivate innovation and efficiency.
- Be the focal point person and coordinator of all Sponsorship Program engagements both at Country Office and with GSO/STWG in collaboration with the Field Manager – Eastern Region.
2 Program Planning and implementation Management:
- Responsible for managing the programme/assigned projects to achieve and report on the results in line with the projects’ Logical Framework.
- Lead risk management for the programme/assigned projects and ensure key risks are identified, monitored and addressed, escalating any risks to management.
- Ensures the development and implementation of rigorous social and behavior change strategies for child protection. ASRH, Health and Nutrition, Education programs, working with out of school children in all phases from formative stage, through to strategy development, design and community-level engagement
- Provides leadership and design expertise in the rigorous application of Social and Behavior Change Communication theory, practice, principles and current best practices that achieve measurable results.
- Ensure timely submission of quality program annual plans with the respective phased budget aligned with the Country office CSP.
3 Budgeting and Financial Management:
Responsible for the overall programs financial and budgetary management. This responsibility includes:
- Ensuring that a quality and timely program phased budget aligned with the DIP is in place.
- Ensure that program implementation meets the monthly financial performance target (100% burn rate) and annual spending against life of award budget not greater than 100%.
- Ensure that all financial policies and regulations relating to cash flow management, expenditure controls, cash management, accounting information, advances management as put in place for the management and control of funds are followed by the staff and partners in implementing the different program activities.
4 MEAL and Program Reporting:
- Ensure timely and quality program design and study processes which include assessments, baseline, researches and evaluations
- Ensure that the program adheres to and meets all quality bench marks.
- Ensure accountability mechanisms are integrated into all aspects of programme management structures including information sharing, beneficiary engagement (including children’s participation) and that excellent collection and management of complaints and feedback is conducted in close coordination with MEAL Coordinator.
5. Advocacy, Networking and influencing:
- Guides and spearheads district level advocacy for children and other vulnerable groups in the Impact Area
- Liaise with PDQ to identify, develop and lead local level advocacy in line with organizational advocacy strategy
- Builds strategic networks, coalitions and alliances on key advocacy issues.
- Develops a data base of strategic networks and partnerships for advocacy.
- Ensure Advocacy for children integrated in programme and project operations and plans.
- Develop strategies for collaborations within the district.
6. Child Safeguarding:
- Work with Child Safeguarding Focal persons to ensure all CO staff are trained in CS
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in education, social science, project management or related discipline
- At least 5 years working experience in managing development programmes
- Experience in designing and/or managing education, health, or child protection programmes
- Experience of designing and managing child-rights and child-led programmes is an advantage
- Experience with participatory community-led approaches to design and implementation of programmes
- Experience with adaptive management and learning and reflection based programming approaches
- Experience with partner capacity assessment, OCD/capacity builing of local partners
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is a must.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience with qualitative and digital Monitoring, Evauation, Learning and Accountability methodologies and tools (most significant change, outcome mapping/harvesting, Kobo, Power BI, etc)
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: