Amref Health Africa Zambia
Main purpose of the job
The position will provide financial support to the Zambia Country program as well as ensure effective utilization of donor funds allocated to the projects in accordance with donors’ and Amref’s policies and standards.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the Financial Reports for Donors and Management.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual project performance reports.
- Assist in preparation of any other Ad-hoc Financial Reports to stakeholders.
- ·Assist in preparing the annual budgets in liaison with the project team.
- Review of monthly income and expenditure statements with the project team to monitor the budget performances.
- Carry out periodic review and reconciliations of expenditure.
- Preparation of audit schedules.
- Participate in project audits/organizational audits as required.
- Provision of audit sample documents in support of the process.
- Respond to audit issues and support the Senior Programme Accountant in implementation of the previous audit recommendations.
- Maintain up-to-date staff debtor’s status through regular staff account allocations.
- Monitor and reconcile staff debtor’s balances.
- Ensure effective and timely processing of invoices or other payments and ensuring compliance to donor rules and regulations.
- Review the Programme creditors’ accounts in the system and reconcile them against creditors’ statements.
- Respond to day to day supplier queries for the Programme.
- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations and laws by ensuring timely filing and payment of taxes and other government levies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration, Finance, Commerce or relevant qualification.
- Professional qualification – CPA, ACCA, ZICA, CA or its equivalent.
- Must be a member of ZICA.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Four (4) years’ relevant experience, preferably in an NGO set up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with grants management and experience with financial and operations management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- ICT proficient, accounting and ERP software.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Good organization, planning and coordination skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Method of Application
Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.