Amref Health Africa Zambia
Main purpose of the job
Amref Health Africa in Zambia seeks to employee the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer. This role will lead and create an environment in which data and evidence is systematically produced, analysed and interpreted as well as establish ways in which knowledge is institutionalized and utilized for programme growth. More specifically, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will ensure quality reporting and timely information for accountability and decision-making in the GHS unit and larger Amref M&E support services. This role will also provide data analytics from project monitoring, needs assessments, research and other secondary sources to establish trends, patterns and learnings for programmes and support services.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Establish processes and procedures for quality assurance, monitoring, analysis and reporting of SLL Project data and information in consultation with the MEL Director at Corporate Level.
- Determine and plan training on data quality assurance and MEL requirements to Implementation sites.
- Attend internal/external meetings and learning events as required to provide MEL updates to project stakeholders and MOH in Zambia.
- Lead the development of data quality assurance plans, reporting tools, data analysis and presentation frameworks and databases.
- Work with the Amref information systems and Districts to collate M&E data as per donor reporting requirements, produce reports and analysis that caters to various audiences including contributing to design aspects to ensure data is accessible in required formats.
- Enable processes in which research initiatives are derived from monitoring and evaluation data; work with country-wide research teams on better utilization of research data.
- Contribute to and support on knowledge management initiatives especially those related to data mapping, cataloguing and management processes in discussion with the Project Manager.
- Develop project logical frameworks, performance monitoring frameworks and evaluation plans.
- Develop and refine performance indicators to ensure that they are objective, practical, specific and cost-effective;
- Coordinate data collection across projects.
- Oversee data entry and integration into the country data base
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop and manage monitoring and evaluation feedback mechanisms/reporting systems.
- Ensure consistent use of monitoring and evaluation protocols and methodologies.
- Provides M&E technical leadership including research, donor and project reports.
- Provide regular MEL oversight and technical support to the project portfolio and processes for quality reporting.
- Ensure timely issue resolution for requests made by Districts and MoH to meet the GHS projects’ MEL requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health or related areas or related fields.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience in MEL in a development setting; field/country office experience preferred with 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in providing in data management including extensive quantitative and qualitative analytical and reporting writing skills and the use of analytical software. Extensive experience in designing and undertaking research, evaluations and other studies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to listen, communicate and work as a team with country office focal persons.
- Facilitatory skills as opposed to top down approach to support country offices.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- High levels of integrity and honesty.
- Being able to guide teams to deliver, at the same being hands-on on delivery.
Method of Application
Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.