Amref Health Africa Zambia
Main purpose of the job
The Project Officer will provide planning, coordination and technical support SLL Project in Zambia. Hubs for quality execution of project activities as per Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccination priorities and monitor the achievement of project deliverables as per the overall Project’s objectives. The role will be based in Zambia.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide technical support to country team in development and review of project documents such as budgets, work plans and M&E plans.
- Provide technical support to strengthen the capacity of country teams to align with MOH priorities and enhance COVID-19 vaccine deployment in the respective countries.
- Responsible for overall day to day project matters and implementation of all project activities within the allocated province and respective districts
- Responsible for project activity reporting and local level stakeholder coordination
- Acts as the key contact for all project activities being implemented in the province
- Initiates and maintains collaboration and partnerships with other actors on the ground.
- Disseminates project information by preparing and disseminating project reports on a regular basis, including financial and technical reports to the Program Manager,
- Controls project resources, leads the preparation of activity budgets
- Maintains regular communication with members of the project management teams.
- Engages Provincial and District Government Departments on project implementation matters.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Public Health or related field.
- Solid experience leading diverse teams and preferably regional teams.
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience in management of national health programmes.
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to national/international public health emergency discourse to influence public health programming.
- Experience and strong reputation working with or liaising with Ministry of Health would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership showing strategic thinking in design and execution of projects, including steering work planning, managing and mentoring colleagues, and overseeing compliant and cost-effective use of resources to deliver on objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current issues in UHC, Public Health emergencies and GHS.
- Project management skills.
- Strong skills in process facilitation and stakeholder management across diverse groups, including government and development partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross-cultural teams.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and verbal communication skills, report writing and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.