Amref Health Africa Zambia
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
Amref Health Africa in Zambia is inviting suitably qualified applicants for the following positions to be based at the Head Office in Lusaka and Mansa.
1. Project Manager (x1)
Main purpose of the job
The Project Manager will provide technical support and leadership in complementing government efforts to increase vaccination coverage in Zambia under The Saving Lives and Livelihoods Project. More specifically, the Project Manager will lead the coordination with Implementing Partners (LIPs) to the Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccination priorities and monitor the achievement of project deliverables as per the overall project’s objectives.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management to Districts in micro-planning to ensure alignment with MOH priorities in Zambia.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Project in line with Amref and donor policies and regulations.
- Ensure timely and efficient achievement of the project’s objectives and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide technical support to strengthen the capacity of districts to align with MOH priorities and enhance COVID-19 vaccine deployment.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with MOH and local technical partners to enhance programme delivery/execution.
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and committees to position Amref as a key stakeholder in the Health Security agenda.
- Work closely with other Amref country teams for continued alignment on the GHS agenda and contribute to the country program performance.
- Support country team in developing MEAL frameworks aligned to the country micro plan.
- Ensure timely technical and financial reporting following donor-specific requirements and in compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Lead in weekly stakeholder review meetings and prepare technical reports relating to the Project as per donor requirements and internal purposes.
- Liaise with relevant departments to increase the visibility of the Amref health security efforts.
- Provide technical input and oversight in developing knowledge products and promote continuous multi-country learning to inform COVID-19 vaccination efforts in Zambia.
- Provide technical input in the growth of the GHS program portfolio and overall management of health initiatives in Zambia.
- In consultation with Amref HR office and Programs Team, determine project staffing requirements.
- In consultation with the HR department, lead in reviewing direct reports staff capacities, to effectively contribute to Amref’s GHS ambition.
- Identify staff development needs, provide coaching and mentoring, and link to training and development opportunities to spur performance.
- Drive the Amref staff culture initiatives to enhance collaboration across the organization.
- As Assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or related field.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 6-8 years’ relevant work experience in management of national and regional health programmes.
- Solid experience leading diverse teams and preferably managing a regional hub.
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to national/international public health emergency discourse to influence public health programming.
- Experience and strong reputation working with or liaising with government institutions and multilateral organizations and institutions would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership showing strategic thinking in design and execution of projects, including steering work planning, managing and mentoring colleagues, and overseeing compliant and cost-effective use of resources to deliver on objectives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven management experience in supervision of staff in cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
Method of Application
Interested? Please visit our website to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.