Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Remote Monitoring Specialist
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Remote Monitoring Specialist. The Remote Monitoring Specialist is responsible for measuring equipment reliability and condition monitoring, as well as making recommendations to improve performance of equipment based on various digital tools. The Remote Monitoring Specialist will provide valuable input for condition monitoring, bad actor identification, Productivity & Reliability Center Maintenance analysis, probable root cause analysis, identification of critical items, and direct predictive maintenance routines in support of the equipment reliability and production availability.
Are you someone who is self-motivated, a problem solver, and has strong attention to detail? If so, we want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Perform remote monitoring of our customer’s fleet in terms of telemetry, maintenance, and logistics data to ensure the optimal performance of the fleet.
- Provide engineering, human-reliability factors, process, and systemic solutions to complex reliability & asset availability challenges.
- Provide valuable input to technical leadership at all levels of the mines, with special emphasis on interacting with Operations and Maintenance crews.
- Statistically analyze equipment/asset performance to assess functional system reliability, asset availability, equipment maintainability, process safety & environment.
- Promote technical, systemic, human/behavioral reliability improvement factors across sites.
- Support the continued development and administration of analytical platforms and applications.
- Provide and gather information from on-site personnel and help them to be successful with new digital tools and ways of working.
- Provide analytical input to reliability engineers and help them to create robust RCA reports and recommendations to improve the performance of equipment based on the insights of data.
- Work closely with Global Productivity & Reliability Center to create insights and improve algorithms to predict failures with the domain knowledge and insights from customer sites.
- Participate in various digitalization projects to provide practical inputs in the design phase of data solutions.
Environmental Health and Safety:
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What You Will Bring Along:
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Mining, or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Domain technical knowledge from manufacturing/mining
- Basic mechanical knowledge at minimum (advanced is an asset)
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate statistical data
- A solid understanding of the mining industry is considered an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Applications and customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed
- EIZ Membership
- Excellent computer skills
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: