2022 Census of Population And Housing Short Term Jobs
The Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Zambia Statistics Agency (ZamStats) will be conducting its sixth Census of Population and Housing (CPH) in August this year. The CPH is the most extensive field operation of all national data collection efforts.
The Zambia Statistics Agency wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following temporal 2022 Census jobs across the country.
Number of Positions: 1,800
The Zonal Census Coordinator will be reporting to the District Census Coordinator (DCC), the job holder will be responsible for the census activity before, during and after enumeration exercise.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively conduct Enumerators and Supervisors’ training on all scheduled days
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are allocated to enumerators.
- Conduct roll call of enumerators and supervisors on each day of training at random times at least twice daily using the application on the Tablet and sync the captured data to the Central server;
- Work with the District Commissioner and the District Census Coordinator (DCC) to ensure that Supervisors and Enumerators take an oath of Secrecy before commencement of fieldwork;
- Deploy the field teams and ensure that the enumerators under your supervision start enumeration operations by the designated census dates.
- Ensure all the necessary permits to access prohibited areas are obtained
- Liaise with the District census officer, district census coordinator or relevant community leaders to identify all the special population groups (correctional facilities, hotels/lodges, hospitals, out-door sleepers, among others within your jurisdiction)
- Conduct spot checks in all the enumeration areas under your charge.
- Resolve challenges that may arise in the field, both technical and administrative.
- Ensure that everybody in your zonal area has been enumerated.
- Return all the census materials and equipment to the district census coordinator (DCC).
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the District Census Coordinator (DCC).
- Must be a Zambian Citizen, aged between 21-55 years.
- Must have at least a Diploma in any field.
- Must be a resident of the District they are applying to work in.
- Must be conversant with the local languages/dialect.
- Must be able to use and navigate smart mobile devices or tablets
- Must be physically fit, able to work long hours and walk long distances.
- Must not be in active employment.
- Must be available to work even outside working hours, including public holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be available for an interruptible period of three (3) months from 18th July to end of September, 2022.
Competencies and Experience:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Team Player
- Experience in census or survey fieldwork operations will be an added advantage
Method of Application
If you meet the stated qualifications, send an SMS to either MTN, ZAMTEL or AIRTEL networks using *885# and you will be prompted to pay K5.80 through mobile money: Thereafter, the following information will be requested.
National Registration Card No;
Grade 12 Examination Number;
Constituency of Residence;
- Multiple GCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ)
Only Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for an aptitude test and only selected candidates who pass the test will be called for training as Census Supervisors/Enumerators.
EMAILED OR HAND WRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For further clarifications on the recruitment exercise, you can contact the following numbers: +260 211 251377, +260 211 257603, +260 211 257604.
Or visit our website on www. Zamstats.gov.zm. You can also like us on our Facebook pages: Zambia 2022 Census page or Zamstats page.