RTI International is seeking an experienced In-Country Coordinator – Global Public Health to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health in Zambia. This position will be become part of RTI’s team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention’s Center for Global Health. This position is contingent upon award from CDC.
Zambian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, support, and manage in-country public health activities.
- Identify and analyze project-specific issues or concerns and their impact on operations; work with implementing partners, CDC HQ, and CDC country offices on solutions.
- Work closely with Program Manager and IT Project Manager toward aligning public health activities and coordinating with in in-country implementing partners
Work with IT Project Manager to schedule, prepare, attend, manage, record, and share country-specific activities supporting:
- Capacity development Central Data Strategy Implementation
- Policy and governance
- Monitoring and evaluation Coordinate country-specific partner and stakeholder activities including country coordination and outreach.
- Provide Meeting management support including invitations, Agenda requests, Recordings, Call notes, Q&A, documents, agenda, follow-up activities
- Apply knowledge management practices using project management software
- Respond to ad hoc requests for country-specific project and partner coordination activities.
- Follow up on country-specific activities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks as requested by CDC country office points of contact.
- Support technical documentations (e.g., concept notes, etc.) as requested.
- At least five years of relevant experience implementing and managing IT project with at least five years on public health informatics projects.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in relevant fields of public health, health informatics, engineering, social sciences etc.
- Experience with PM solution for monitoring and managing project execution, critical path activities, and interdependencies across multiple partners and countries. Ability and commitment to inform appropriate persons/organizations of potential or existing risks/problems.
- Experience working on health IT projects that support Federal and State Ministries of Health
- Experience with informatics/software system projects, activities, terminology, and practices.
- Interest in Zambia Public Health issues as well as in broader global issues of public health, information systems, technology, and international development.
- Ability to use MS Office suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in English required.
- Fluency in Zambian native language
- Experience managing large public health contracts with federal agencies.
- Experience supporting global public health projects.
- Understanding of in-country global health program operations.
- Previous consulting experience or experience supporting multiple projects and customers especially in a public health setting.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: