Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Location: Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, Ghana (Accra), Nigeria (Abuja), Sierra Leone, or Liberia
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract for overseas
Hours: Full time
About the role
- Sightsavers are currently seeking a Data Systems Officer to work within our Data Analytics and Reporting Team (DART) to support data capture and management of the Programme Portal and Sightsavers organisational output data collection system.
- As the Data Systems Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of their system, including user support and overseeing the submission of data for Sightsavers’ projects across more than 30 countries.
- You will also support key team members with the further development and integration of this essential organisational system into programme monitoring and reporting work
Key duties will include:
- Create and support maintenance of project & programme sites ensuring all information remains up-to-date and accurate
- Supporting mapping of project indicators to organisational standard indicators and adding all indicators to project sites
- Maintain user guidance and induction materials
- Provide both initial and ongoing training and support to system users
- Manage the team’s service desk for system support requests
- Support DART members to ensure service desk is aligned to current operational support needs
- Track data submissions and compliance with reporting deadlines
- Liaise with Country Offices and other colleagues to address queries and errors
- Support the ongoing development and integration of organisational data capture and monitoring systems
- Support the development and implementation of processes that support good practice and high quality in data management for our programmes
- About you
- As the ideal candidate you will have experience in a similar role (or hold a degree in a relevant field) and of working on IT systems development and support, as well as possessing a background in reviewing and testing software, and of delivering training and/or supporting staff learning in different contexts (face to face, online)
Further qualities include:
- Understanding of international development issues and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Good understanding of data or statistics
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify important issues and communicate those to colleagues
- Demonstrated experience with DHIS2 or similar health management information systems
- Written and spoken English
- Experience using Power BI or other data visualisation software
- Experience using Power Apps, Commcare, or other mobile data capture software
- Experience using SharePoint and MS Teams
- Written and spoken French or Portuguese
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- Sights avers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: