Nanga Farms Ltd. is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of Sugarcane and the rearing of 1,400 head of Cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:-
Agronomy Supervisor (X1)
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the purpose of the job is to manage Agronomy operations in the Farm as well as supervision of employees.
- Supervise sustainable agronomic practices with the objective of closing the gap between the actual and the attainable yield potentials for each field on each estate
- Support adoption and embedding of agreed best practices, frameworks, frameworks, minimum standards and processes for agronomy.
- Implement and supervisor sugar cane agronomic trials (fertilizers and crop protection) required by the head of agricultural optimization as part of a continuous productivity initiative.
- Supervise and monitor fertilizer, weed control and ripener progrommes
- Supervise farm nursery fields, monitor seed quality, and ensure regular disease inspections are carried out.
- Ensure all commercial and nursery fields are timeously surveyed for pests and diseases, and that their infestation levels and recommendations are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Ensure all agronomic data is captured for trend analysis, reporting and decisions making.
- Support agronomic optimisation by adopting new technologies and methods and ensure continuous improvement by implementing best practices and conducting regular system checks.
- Monitor trends to understand impact of adopted practices, and refine practices accordingly
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with 5 credit in English, Maths, Sciences and any other subjects.
- Diploma in General Agriculture from recognised institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in similar capacity with traceable references.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number (s) and email address to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Nanga Farms Ltd,
P.O. Box 670079,