Synergy Seeds Zambia (SSZ) is a leading breeding and producer of white corn, soya beans and wheat seed in Zambia. Its unique genetic material is specifically selected and adapted to local conditions throughout Zambia. Synergy Seeds Zambia is seeking to recruit experienced and suitably qualified individuals to fill position of Seed Production Agronomists (02) under the Production department.
Location: Lusaka Contract Duration: Permanent and Pensionable
Purpose of The Role
The position exists for the management and execution of all phases of seed production. The job holder will work specifically towards the creation of high-quality seeds. The successful candidates will be reporting to the Production Manager.
- Grower recruitments
- Complete administrative duties such as signing grower contracts, collecting, and inputting data for reports, and managing disposition of harvest
- Develop and maintain a grower evaluation system to drive increased yields and quality
- Provide timely and effective agronomic and technical support to seed growers to ensure acceptable yield and quality
- Inspect seed fields and ensure compliance with certification standards
- Perform and coordinate seed logistics activities through Head of operations to ensure accurate records and movement of seed
- Collaborate with seed certification authorities and ensure mandatory certifications are done
- Remain current with latest production technology to support seed growers
- Maintain relationships with growers, and the local farming community
- Satisfy internal production standards within quality, timeliness, and financial objectives
- Propose improvements to the field operations production program
- Collaborate in production research related work as may be needed
Skills, Knowledge and Qualification Requirements:
- University degree in Agronomy/Crop Science
- 3-6 Years’ experience in a similar or related role
- Valid driver’s license and relevant experience in safe operation of a motor vehicle
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in relevant role.
Critical Skills and Experience:
- Produce to budgeted yield.
- Produce Sustainable quality and at sustainable cost.
- Timely supply of product for processing and packaging.
- Upholding HSE standards.
- Commercial Seed Growers..
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and people skills.
- Knowledge of statistical analyses.
- Skilled in interacting and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills to complete large field Trials.
- Successful interaction with peers and technical management.
Method of Application
All Interested applicants should send their applications (Cover Letters and CVs) to this email:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.