Reporting Line: Director Finance
2.0 Job Purpose:
To prepare timely management reports in order to provide timely management information to aid decision making and ensure that all management reporting requirements are met; and to be responsible for the preparation of budgets and budget control, capital expenditure monitoring, fixed asset management and stock control.
Statement of Main Duties:
- Co-ordinates the preparation and consolidation of the company budget.
- Prepares final accounts. In so doing he/she ensures that all cost centres comply with year-end cut off procedures.
- Compares monthly financial performance with budget and communicates to users from time to time and designs budget formats for consolidation and circulation to all cost and profit centres.
- Maintains all tax computations in separate files namely; corporate tax files, Value Added Tax file; Pay as You Earn file; Withholding Tax; and any other tax affecting the Company prescribed by the statutes of tax regulation.
- Maintains files containing all hard copy of reconciliation’s for each account and publishes annual corporate reports.
- Supervises external audit process and liaises with the Financial Accountant on technical issues pertaining to the preparation of final accounts in conjunction with external auditors.
- Striving for excellence in water supply and sanitation
- Maintains an updated and accurate fixed asset register for the efficient running of management accounting records.
- Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they work towards meeting their performance targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Minimum Academic qualifications:
- Full Grade 12 or Form Five (05) certificate with 5 ‘O’ Level credits or better including English Language and Mathematics
Minimum Vocational/Professional qualifications:
- Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CAZ and equivalent
- Full Member of ZICA
Minimum relevant work experience:
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience preferably in the water sector
Required competencies/Personal attributes:
- Very good knowledge of computers, able to handle accounting packages
- Good supervisory skills.
- Good Planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical Skills
Method of Application
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, day time contact telephone number(s) and at least three traceable referees should reach the undersigned:
The Manager Human Resource and Administration,
North Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
MEMA House, Mwanawasa Street,
P O Box 110184