The Christian Churches Monitoring Group (CCMG), is seeking a dynamic and values-driven Project Coordinator to help grow its impact and influence on governance, peacebuilding, and elections in Zambia.
CCMG is an alliance of four faith-based organisations formed to help promote credible elections through non-partisan citizen monitoring. The CCMG partner organisations are Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ), Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ), Jesuit Centre for Theological Reflection (JCTR) and the Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB).
- Coordination – Operational Management
- Oversee project reporting both narrative and financial.
- Support and provide oversight to the team in all program planning, budgeting, implementation, documentation and monitoring.
- Ensure timely, accurate and quality financial and narrative reporting compliance with donors.
- Support the development/implementation of efficient and functioning operation systems of CCMG.
- Coordinate all data collection and management from long tern observers and monitors.
- Implement and foster adherence to the established ZCCB policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures and strengthen transparent governance.
- Coordinate communication between CCMG Local Steering Committees and secretariat
- Foster strong communication and coordination among program staff of CCMG members
- Contribute effectively to the overall strategic visioning, conceptual development, planning and monitoring of CCMG’s work.
- Coordinate the work of constituent members of the CCMG in election observation.
- Reporting: The Project Coordinator will report to the CCMG Manager
- A mature candidate with experience in electoral and governance processes, with experience in observation/monitoring of elections an added advantage.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in political, economic and social analysis.
- Balanced mind and acquainted with the church’s social, economic and political engagement.
- A keen appreciation of quality and standards with ability to take responsibility for delivering quality results despite challenges.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to see both the big picture as well as micro issues.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize, understand and communicate complex issues effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and social media.
- Quick learner.
Education and Qualification:
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences or equivalent.
- Master degree will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Prepare a thought through cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position at this point in your career, detailed Curriculum Vitae, One page statement on how you will maintain a positive, values-based organizational culture.
Send details to this email: