The Radiation Protection Authority (RPA) is a Regulatory Body under the Ministry of Technology and Scienceestablished by the lonising radiation Protection Act No. 16 of 2005 and its Amendment Act No. 19 of 2011. RPA’s mandate is to protect the public, workers and the environment from hazards arising from the use of devices or materials capable of producing lonising Radiation
The Authority has a vacancy for the following position:
Reports To: Senior Procurement Officer
To undertake the day to day operations of the procurement activities through timely sourcing of goods, services, works and consulting services in order to meet organisational requirements
- Preparation of bidding documents for goods, works and consultant services in accordance with the approved procurement plan for review by the Senior Procurement Officer
- Receives Purchase Requisitions and in line with internal procurement and Public Procurement Regulations and Procedures, sends out enquiries, verifies confirms specifications of goods prior to purchase.
- Initiate the evaluation of quotations from suppliers for purchase of goods or services and recommends best source/supplier for the approval in line with public procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Expedite approved orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Undertake market research to ensure purchases are sourced from the most competitive source 6. Undertake ZPPA price reasonableness analyses
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer in facilitating production of contract documents that are tendered in line with stipulated rules and regulations in the procurement of goods and services.
- Timely verification of suppliers’ invoices and processing payment.
- Maintain a register for all documents/tender of bids received at all times.
- Undertaking any other tasks assignments as may be delegated by the supervisor
Minimum Vocational Professional Qualifications:
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies or Equivalent Professional CIPS/ZIPS qualification
- Valid Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to write reports
- High levels of integrity
- Computer literate
- Negotiating skills
- interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
Method of Application
Interested individuals should send their applications together with copies of their academic and professional certificates, National Registration Card (NRC). detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of traceable referees to the undersigned: Envelopes should be clearly marked the position the candidate wishes to apply for
The Executive Director
Radiation Protection Authority
Exploration House, Government Road
P.O Box 50002
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted