Scaw Ltd is a Copperbelt-based manufacturing Company specialized in the manufacturing of grinding media, castings products and industrial oxygen and acetylene, that was established in 1960.
The Company seeks to employ a suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented individual to fill up the following position on a two-year contract renewable depending on individual performance;
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the company’s financial resources are prudently utilizes within the legal and regulatory framework; to produce accurate monthly reports for shareholders and other stakeholders; and to maximize return on financial assets by establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure supplies are timely and accurately paid according to payment terms and make sure all AP reconciliations and reports are done on the stipulated deadlines.
- Supervise and manage Accounts Receivable, all AR reconciliations and reports are prepared on given deadlines with absolute accuracy and continuous follow up receivables aging to make sure that the overdue invoices are minimized.
- Ensure the month end and year end closure is done with absolute accuracy and on deadlines
- Monitor and control treasury and ensure better working capital management.
- Ensure Bank reconciliations are done on time.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported on time to provide a sound basis for accurate financial reporting.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful coaching and feedback to improve their performance.
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations and make sure annual statutory audits are completed on the given deadlines.
- Provide all financial data and analysis for annual budget preparation.
- Analyse all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies and create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Make sure all internal policies are strictly adhered to and introduce new policies and amend existing policies wherever necessary and continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through and develop processes and control.
Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise in application of accounting package currently being used
- Entrepreneurship skills
- Big-picture conceptualization of all company operations
- Solution oriented
- Good analysis and interpretation of financial statements and market trends and customer behaviours
- Negotiation Skills
- Advanced Computer skills
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with Five (05) Credits better.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts
- Certificate in Teaching Methodology or better
- Not less than ten (10) years’ experience at supervisory/ managerial level as Chartered Accountant.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Method of Application
Only applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below or emailed to this email:
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.
HEAD – MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 20418