The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) was established in 2012 under the Water Resources Management Act No. 21 of 2011. One of its main functions is to manage and regulate the use of Zambia’s water resources in an integrated, participatory and sustainable manner taking into consideration the hum environmental and socio-economic factors. In order to effectively implement its functions, the Authority wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, self-motivated and experienced person for the following positions: –
Department: Water Resources Management and Information
Reports to: Water Resources Operations Manager
Location: WARMA Headquarters – Lusaka
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Engineering. Water Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or it’s equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
Purpose of the Job:
- To design, review and inspect Hydraulic Structures and implement programs and strategies related to water resources development which include supply, demand, quality and regulatory compliance by providing timely technical services to facilitate decision making and interventions.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Carry out water resources assessments of current and projected future water demand for irrigation, industry, Hydropower etc.) in line with Catchment and National Development Plans
- Ensuring sustainable surface and groundwater exploitation at the catchment level through facilitating the issuance of water permits for developmental projects across the country
- To provide technical support in the process of allocation of water Permits at the catchment level
- To provide technical advice on Water Permit conditions and detection of illegal water use
- To give technical advice on the application of water-saving technologies and the use of water-saving structures, methods and systems
- To provide technical input into the publishing forecasts, projections and information on water use
- To provide timely technical services and approval of designs of hydraulic structures 8. To coordinate and conduct the implementation of engineer’s investigations for Water Permit applications
- Provide support in developing and implementing standardized water monitoring and assessment methods
- To supervise all activities related to hydraulic infrastructure development
- Prepare and submit comprehensive technical reports pertaining to water resources management to the Catchment Manager on a monthly basis
- Performs any other duties as may be delegated by superiors
Method of Application
Interested persons should send their application letters supported by copies of certified academic and professional qualifications with detailed cv’s with three (3) traceable referees to the address below via the following email. IN THE SUBJECT LINE, PLEASE INDICATE THE SPECIFIC POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS THAT REFERENCE THE POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
You can also submit your application documents in person using the address below:
The Director-Human Resources & Administration
Water Resources Management Authority
Plot No LN-385-7 & 385-8, Alick Nkhafa Road
PO Box 51059
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU DON’T MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS