The Director General, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of audit systems for regular monitoring of the use of all assets of the Commission. Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of any departure from set policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements internal audit programmes for all operational areas of the Commission and, prepares timely and accurate reports of findings and recommendations
- Follows up on the progress of implementation of recommendations as a result of the reports
- Carries out periodic systems reliability tests to confirm the efficacy and appropriateness of internal controls and procedures
- Review compliance with policies, procedures and laws and regulations
- As requested, carries out investigative audits and assists in the preparation of case records and reports
- Assists Directorates in the interpretation of financial and operating guidelines that where potential risks of losses of the Commission’s assets may occur
- Liaises with external auditors in the interpretation of exception reports and any other issues related to internal controls and procedures; and
- Prepares regular accurate and timely reports on the activities of the Commission.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- ACCA, CIMA or Bachelor of Accountancy
- Master’s Degree in Accountancy or related field
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- 10 years of relevant audit experience in a professional audit firm at senior level
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address:
The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks after closure of the application period. Those who will not hear from us in the stated period should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068