JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
As our Culture and Event Assistance we want you to be:
- Attend and value the company’s initiatives on events and cultural activities.
- Provide high-touch support to employees by responding to questions quickly and with a friendly and helpful approach.
- Contribute to a team culture where individual members are valued and recognized for their diverse skill sets.
- Support the development and implementation of People and Culture initiatives.
- Encourage and support others to take on new challenges and opportunities.
- Suggest and promote creative ideas and approaches to improve individual and team performance.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- Assist in the coordination of events, activities and training.
- Prepare event programs
- Ensure the event program is working as defined by the organization.
- Be the reference person during an event and assist all attendants.
- Create a group of event hostesses that would assist on the day of the event
- Coordinate the group of event hostesses: pre-event pieces of training, coordinate during the event, and post-event feedback.
- Identify and analyse points for improvement.
- Plan pre-and post-event communications and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Marketing in the dissemination of initiatives in your area of activity.
- Intervene and resolve incidents in your area of responsibility.
- Ask for quotations and follow up on what is needed.
- Assist in creating the budget for your area of responsibility.
- Assistance during the event as well as support to guests during the event.
- Evaluate the results obtained in the event.
What will make you succeed with us?
- Currently, we are looking for Culture and Event Assistance with proven experience of a minimum of 2 years.
- Degree in Communication, Event Organization or Public Relations.
- Be a very creative person.
- Proactive, welcoming, hands-on
- Ability to research, organize and work with multiple teams and responsibilities at the same time.
- Excellent good oral, written communication and negotiation skills.
- Educated and international protocol knowledge.
- Being highly organized and very oriented to detail.
- Have a good level of English and Oshiwambo.
- Appetite to work and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, and fun startup environment. Every day brings great new opportunities, so you need to be always active and ready to go the extra mile, which is very important for Jabu.
And, we can tell you more benefits:
Teammates: We work as a community, where there will always be someone with you to help you. The team supports each other, pulling together through the busy periods and always making sure to have fun and celebrate successes.
Working hours: Usually we are from 8 am to 5 pm at the office, but we are a startup, we work hard and we like flexibility.
Impact on the world: At Jabu, we want to positively impact the world through our initiatives. We are changing lives and you are going to be part of it.
If after everything we have told you, you want to join us, do not hesitate!
Apply for this offer!
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email below: