Jhpiego is recruiting for Program Manager
Jhpiego seeks a Program Manager to provide project management-focused leadership, guide development, implementation, and monitoring of feasible, cost effective annual workplans while also ensuring consistent use of project management tools and techniques across Jhpiego/Zambia’s portfolio. This includes being accountable for startup and close out of Jhpiego/Zambia projects. The Program Manager will sit on the senior management team, act as the key point of contact with Jhpiego headquarter’s backstopping team, work closely Jhpiego/Zambia Country Director on strategic planning and new program development opportunities. The Program Manager will work closely with Jhpiego/Zambia’s finance and administrative team to manage the Jhpiego/Zambia cost performance.
- Provide project management (PM) leadership ensuring Jhpiego/Zambia adheres to Jhpiego global PM standards. Establish PM systems, maintain and update standardized PM tools and monitor each project’s adherence to Jhpiego/Zambia’s PM standards,
- Collaborate with Jhpiego finance staff and project directors to develop annual project budgets and monitor project performance.
- Identify and assess risks to performance, communicating risk to Jhpiego/Zambia Country Director. Develop and lead implementation of mitigation plan(s) to address identified risks.
- Lead project start up and close out activities by convening teams, developing detailed plans, monitoring progress, and communicating progress with Country Director and Jhpiego Headquarters.
- Manage negotiation and execution of project partners’ subaward and establish partnership principles.
- Collaborate with finance staff to manage PEPFAR-specific budgeting and reporting requirements.
- Represent Jhpiego as required with donors, Zambian government counterparts, collaborating partners in close collaboration with the project directors/chief of party/country director.
- Foster strong communication link with Jhpiego’s headquarters backstop team via email, phone, and shared workspaces.
- Contribute to new program development (NPD) opportunities including identifying and engaging potential local partners for current and future NPD opportunities. Contribute to proposal technical strategies and management plans, serve as in-country lead for budget development.
- Supervise team of program staff providing day-to-day support to project activities, building their capacity in PM tools, performance analysis, PEPFAR requirements, and NPD.
- Support Country Director in developing and monitoring Jhpiego/Zambia strategic plan
- Master’s degree in a related
- 10 years of work experience in a voluntary, public, private sector or USG funded NGO.
- Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD-Pro) certified (preferred)
- Strong writing skills
- Experience managing public health projects
- PEPFAR experience
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, particularly in writing
- Ability to handle a variety of different assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted