The Zambia International Trade Fair Trust (ZITFT) is inviting applications from talented, energetic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified and experienced candidates for various positions for a period of three (3) years:
Reporting to: the Chief Executive Officer
8.1 Job Purpose:
To provide comprehensive support to the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Team and managing the organization’s office operations in order to effectively relieve the Chief Executive Officer of routine tasks.
8.2 Main duties and accountabilities of the job holder:
- Provide calendar management for Chief Executive Officer,
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Trustees.
- Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Chief Executive Officer’s ability to effectively lead the organization
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Chief Executive Officer including those of a highly confidential or critical nature
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Chief Executive Officer updated.
- Anticipate Chief Executive Officer’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed; Manage all aspects of organization’s office services
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
8.3 Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Diploma in Secretarial and Office Management/Psychosocial Counselling Certificate
- Typing speed 60 w.p.m/Shorthand – 120w.p.m
- Good skills in Microsoft Office and Excel software
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent judgment is essential
Method of Application
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating contact telephone or mobile numbers, names and contact addresses of three traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal or email addresses below:
Zambia International Trade Fair Trust,
Plot No. 2735, Liberia Road,
P.O BOX 71058,