We, a company in the mining and construction industry, are looking for an intern in the field of Heavy Equipment Repair to join our team. The intern will contribute to our work repairing, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling and maintaining mobile heavy-duty equipment.
- The successful candidate will perform some of the following duties;
- Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction, agricultural, logging and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerised and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Attach components and adjust new equipment.
Requirements and Skills:
- Must be between 22 and 27 years of age
- Must be able to think logically and clearly
- Must be psychologically and medically fit
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be safety conscious, to avoid unnecessary accidents
- Must have business sense and good judgement
- Must be quality conscious and have customer satisfaction in mind.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Should be able to disassemble, as well as correctly reassemble parts back together.
- Must have Basic computer skills- Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and Printing
- Should be based or have their own accommodation in Ndola.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Must have a certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Auto Mechanics and should have graduated less than 3 years ago.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their application and CV as one document to this email: