Weir Minerals Central Africa Region
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we’ll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
- To represent, promote, sell and support equipment providing value adding solutions, receive customer orders, prepare and follow up on quotes.
- This is either directly or through the support of the product teams as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree / B -Tech Degree- Engineering (Chemical, Metallurgical and/or Mechanical)
- Microsoft (Excel / Word / PowerPoint); ERP Software; Q-Pulse; E-Curves
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Increase sales of full range of WMCA products
- Increase process engineering services offered to customers making the branch an integrated solutions provider
- Good understanding of GA drawing , flowsheet and Mass balancing
- Service existing clients and develop new business
- Provide technical assistance and after sales service to clients
- Propose the various Weir Minerals products on various applications
- Be proactive in seeking growth in all products
- Submit quotes and tenders as per customer requests
- Expedite client orders
- Gather market intelligence about customers, competitors, markets to help develop marketing and sales strategy
- Adhere to HSE and Housekeeping requirements at the branch and customer sites
- Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
- Good business communication – verbal and written
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
- Sound technical understanding
- Able to work in a team and under pressure (deadline driven)
- Able to manage multiple project
- Attention to detail
- Able to identify the solve problems in a timely manner
- Cost consciousness
- Willing to travel
- We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all. Interested candidates who meet the above minimum requirements are invited to apply.
- If you have not heard from the Company 10 working days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
- For Additional Information About Weir Visit Us At Www.global.weir
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: