The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) is a Statutory Body established under Chapter 154 of the laws of Zambia to provide public service brood casing services in Zambia.
To provide Broadcasting Services in order to inform, Educate and Entertain the public
“To be the preferred Broadcaster”
The Corporation is now seeking highly qualified, self motivated and creative individuals to fill the following positions: Director General, Director Finance, Director Human Resource & Administration and Director Programmes to be based at Head Office in Lusaka.
To ensure production and broadcasting of quality radio and television programmes which meet diverse needs of listeners, viewers and advertisers throughout Zambia in line with provisions of the Zombia National Broadcasting Act Cop 154, of the Laws of Zambia. The job holder shall also supervise the overal process of news production on a daily basis to enable NBC broadcast quality, wel balanced and in-depth news stories
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures production and provision of programmes that contribute to the development of free and informed opinions by listeners and viewers thereby contributing to the national democratic process
- Ensures production and provisions of programmes that offer information, entertainment and education to Zambian listeners and viewers
- Ensures production of programmes that reflect and promote Zambia’s national culture and diversity, defend democratic freedoms, contribute to the realization of equal treatment between men and women and promote protection of the environment
- Ensure broadcast of news and current affairs programmes which are comprehensive unbiased and independent
- Analyse the feedback from the listeners and viewers so as to provide varied and balanced programmes for all sections of the population
- Provide technical advice and guidance on all programming activities in the Corporation
- Ensure preparation of Programmes directorate budget to support the directorate’s activities, thereafter ensures that al activities are within the approved budget.
- Prepares and presents quarterly reports to the committee of the Board overseeing programming and makes presentations on follow up issues as necessary
- Provide overall technical input in all procurement of programmes by previewing the programmes, reviewing tender documents, purchase requisitions and attend to tender committee meetings
- Attend the executive committee meetings to review operations of the Corporation, and attend to any duties as assigned by the Director General
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with 5 ‘0″ levels minimum credit in English
- Degree in Mass Communication or related discipline
- Masters Degree in a related field or business administration is an added advantage
- Over Ten years’ experience in Broadcasting or media institution, five of which should be at Senior Management level
- Computer literate
- Strategic thinking problem solving, Leadership and Managerial skills
- Must be innovative and responsive to changing environments in broadcasting
Method of Application
Interested Zambian Nationals meeting the above requirements should apply giving two traceable work and professional references, enclosing photocopies of certified academic and professional certificates, latest resume and a contact phone number to:
The Board Chairperson,
ZNBC Board of Directors,
PO Box 50015
Mass Media Complex
All applicants will be appreciated for interest shown to join the Corporation but only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.