Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Project Officer- Strengthening the Realization and Protection Rights of Girls and Boys from
Unsafe Migration in Zambia. – (x1)
Duty Station: Petauke -based -Zambia
Role Purpose: The Project Officer ensures implementation of the Strengthening the Realization and Protection Rights of Girls and Boys from Unsafe Migration in Zambia Project is effectively delivered according to design to ensure protection of children on the move and those at risk of unsafe at National provincial, district and community level. The role entails supporting capacity building initiatives at all levels, networking and representation, supporting advocacy efforts, project implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation among others.
Scope of role:
Reports to: Program Manager- Child Protection
Staff reporting to this post: None expected, as required
Role Dimensions: S(he) will network and support other child protection colleagues in complementing broader goals at program level.
Key Areas of accountability:
- In collaboration with the Program Manager implement and monitor the “Strengthening the Realization and Protection Rights of Girls and Boys from Unsafe Migration in Zambia” Project in line with the project stated objectives.
- Provide relevant technical and programmatic support on an ongoing basis to partners/service providers at National, provincial, district and community level to prevent and respond to unsafe migration.
- Organize targeted trainings for civil society and communities to improve their capacity in implementing the “Strengthening the Realization and Protection Rights of Girls and Boys from Unsafe Migration in Zambia” Project.
- Initiate and support partners to mobilise communities to prevent and respond to unsafe migration.
- Support all activities related to sub grantees including budget monitoring.
- Actively participate and contribute to coordination mechanisms related to child protection especially on migration and Child protection at local and national level ( the include Child protection Committees and Technical Working Group on Human Trafficking.
- Actively coordinates SCI activities and contributes to community-base, district, provincial relevant thematic interventions
- Develop and maintain external network of contacts, support and co-ordinate with other colleagues to ensure maximum impact.
- Support the Project Manager to ensure that child protection and participation is integrated into all aspects of SC programming, including the component of non-discrimination at provincial district and community level
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the PM in the preparation of high-quality and timely monthly/quarterly/annual reports, as required by Save the Children and donors
- Conduct regular monitoring and support site visits to partners and target communities
- Monitor activity plan highlighting any significant deviation from plan and make recommendations to the Project Manager;
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant University degree in Social Science or other relevant areas
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience; preferably in the area of Child protection, Gender Based violence or related field within the within civil society sector;
- Demonstrated experience implementing partner implemented projects.
- Knowledge of human rights, preferably of children’s rights;
- Demonstrated ability to apply advocacy and networking skills within district and national level settings
- Program management skills to design and deliver programs with partners and/or through direct assistance;
- Fluency in written and spoken English with good analytical, report writing skills;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently as required;
- Knowledge of Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: