Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Process Plant Manager
The main purpose of this role is as indicated below
The role is responsible for the operations of the processing plant.
The role is responsible for process operations with a focus on optimising the process, implementation of all operating procedures and training of the production team.
- Meeting high Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Sound Knowledge of Hazard Identifications, Planned Task Observations, Inspections and Visible Felt Leadership basic principles
- Promote safety awareness of employees and contractors
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and obligations
- Managing each of the individual process areas (i.e., Crushing, DMS, Grinding, Flotation, Dewatering, Concentrate Handling) to achieve required production levels, quality, and efficiencies.
- Managing of operational personnel including the planning, scheduling, and sourcing of skills.
- Daily monitoring of the process and managing strategies to minimise variations within the concentrator
- Develop and Implement Standard Operating Procedures for all process activities.
- Ensure Metallurgical accounting principles and practices are strictly adhered to achieve industry acceptable accountability of metal and mass balances.
- Identifying opportunities to realize continuous improvement and adopt new technologies to enhance plant recovery.
- Operational capital budgeting and project planning.
- Development and mentoring of Metallurgical operations staff towards industry best practices.
- Sound Interpersonal skills in managing multi-facet disciplines, process, mining, and maintenance teams.
- Lead production and maintenance planning and scheduling in liaison with Engineering Teams to optimise resources and meet business targets.
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry Degree
- More than 7 years’ Experience in a sulphide concentrator preferable Nickel Flotation and Dense Media Separation Plant and at least two (02) years’ experience in Middle Management Position.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Detailed knowledge of Commination circuits, Flotation and Metallurgical Accounting.
- Knowledge of OH&S and Environmental legislation and extensive experience risk management and loss control.
- In-depth knowledge of assay/metallurgical laboratory operations and concentrate dispatch.
- A high level of computer literacy in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner,
Mabiza Resources Ltd,