Reporting: Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator
Job Purpose: To supervise and carry out all inventory functions in all the Warehouses across the Mine.
- Adherence to safety requirements in the work area and being aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applied at Munali Nickel Mine.
- Identifying the risks in the work area and using the correct controls.
- Providing oversight and confirmation that all incoming goods are received, updated, and stored in correct bin locations (both physically and virtually in the ERP system).
- Raising purchase requisitions for stock items.
- Ensuring maximum adherence to inventory management procedures in accordance with the laid down company policies.
- Ensuring that all inventory Reports for weekly, monthly, and yearly are done within the expected time.
- Ensuring that all the tasks are done in accordance with the mining Safety regulation and always adhered to.
- Shall supervise and be in charge of all Inventory activities and storage of stock items.
- Ensure stock availability as agreed by the respective internal customer.
- Shall ensure cataloging is done in accordance with the laid down procedure.
- Ensuring stock levels are regulated by setting up min-max levels.
- Shall recommend obsolete/redundant/scrap stock for disposal.
- Shall ensure stock is classified by formulating an ABC analysis.
- Shall be able to recommend to Procurement regarding stock replenishment.
- Shall ensure stock take and cycle counts are carried out timely and in accordance with the benchmarks and or procedures.
- Shall manage and recommend all activities on stock that are on consignment, VHS, and forwarding purchases to the Supervisor.
- Shall assist the warehouse & inventory coordinator in always ensuring proper stores layout and good housekeeping
- Carry out any other responsibility in the supply Section as assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent, Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- At least Three years’ experience in the Mining Sector or other busy 24hour Operation Industries
- Required to have a valid Driving License
- High level of computer skills – Microsoft Word and Excel, and any computerized accounting package.
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to;
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: