CFHRZ is looking for a lab scientist to work in the Ndola laboratory. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and gel electrophoresis runs.
- Perform serological, ELISPOTs, and ELISA assays, molecular and any other applicable tests as per protocol study visit schedule.
- Perform chemical and microscopic urinalysis, and urine pregnancy tests
- Perform sample collection (blood and body fluids) per the protocol visit schedule.
- Label specimen containers according to protocol/study specifications
- Transfer of specimens and receive specimens/samples in the laboratory while maintaining appropriate chain of custody documentation.
- Process serum, plasma, buffy coats, white cell pellets, DNA, RNA, PBMCs, end cervical/vaginal swabs, nasal/nasopharyngeal swabs, saliva, urine, and other relevant specimens for testing and storage
- Record all relevant information in the Laboratory Information Management System.
- Prepare, label, use and store reagents according to specifications and study protocols. Perform validations for new assays and draft validation reports.
- Perform quality control checks of assays and escalate failures to the laboratory QA manager and the laboratory manager.
- Perform quality control checks of the logbooks/results when required by lab management and perform data entry of logbooks in collaboration with data staff when applicable
- Ensure patient’s/study participant’s confidentiality is always maintained
The ideal qualifications for this role are listed below:
- Must have Laboratory Science or Biomedical Science Degree from a reputable university.
- Must have the ability to learn new procedures and follow standard operating procedures whilst adhering to Good Clinical Laboratory Practices.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to understand and handle complex testing.
- HPCZ registration will be an added advantage.
- A background working in GCLP compliant research laboratories will be an added advantage. The successful applicant will still undergo GCLP training at the site.
Method of Application
To apply, send an email with the following:
1. Cover letter
2. CV with traceable references
3. Academic qualifications
4. Relevant Certifications
All of the documents above should be combined into a single PDF file. In the subject line of the email you should include the reference code (NDL-LABAPR22) for this advert. Short-listed applicants should expect a written and practical examination.