Do you enjoy fixing things and having it work as it should? Are you a master multitasker, a fixer, a maker, a doer with the tools to motivate your team and the skill to keep our hotels’ looking top notch? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group to Make Every Moment Matter! where our guests can relax and enjoy their stay!
The role is far more than just changing a light bulb, in property maintenance we are committed not only to ensuring that everything works as it should but where we strive to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation – creating memorable moments for our guests.
As Chief Engineer, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service where we believe that anything is possible, whilst having fun in all that we do!
Interested then why not say Yes I Can! as we are looking for passionate people just like you!
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Engineer:
- Ensures the smooth running of the property maintenance department, where all areas are maintained to the highest levels
- Works proactively to improve guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest enquiries
- Develops and implements plans where property maintenance initiatives & hotel targets are achieved
- Leads and manages the maintenance team, fostering a culture of growth, development and performance within the department
- Prepares and is responsible for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Establishes and delivers an effective planned preventative maintenance programme to address maintenance and environmental and conservation matters
- Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Requirements of the Chief Engineer:
- Proven experience in property maintenance with strong problem-solving capabilities preferably with an International Upscale Hotel Brand
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills with an obsessive attention t detail
- Must have budgeting and cost management abilities
- Must how proven track record of compliance audits completed and passed and projects undertaken
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach and lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions, offering advice and recommendations
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Experienced in using IT systems on various platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Available to be on 24-hour callout in case of emergencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical or Building Engineering
- Qualification in Management or related field a must.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant Engineering leadership
- Professional experience in an Upscale International brand Hotel.
- Registered with the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.
- Salary To Be discussed
- Schedule Full Time
- Experience Minimum 8 years of experience
- This is a telephone interview, we will call you at the arranged time.
- This is a video interview, we will call you at the arranged time.
Expiry date Fri, 17 Jun 2022
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: