The job-holder reports to the Senior Procurement Officer and is responsible for the efficient and cost effective procurement of goods and services in order to maintain regular supply of goods and services for the achievement of the company’s mandate.
- Timely procuring required goods, works and services in accordance with the Public Procurement Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011.
- Assisting in the preparation of draft contracts for review by the supervisor and the Legal department to ensure that contracts adequately reflect the interests of the company.
- Editing Purchase Requisitions and conferring with user departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, quality and delivery.
- Engaging in procurement planning with user departments.
- Routinely meeting and communicating with user departments in order to identify and provide high quality service to meet user department service delivery requirements on a timely basis.
- Providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Disseminating tender materials to prospective bidders that express interest in supplying goods or services.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow-up.
- Surveying the market for prices and delivery conditions and recommending suppliers for evaluation and registration as approved suppliers; maintaining a database of approved suppliers.
- Performing contract administration, including liaison between suppliers and user departments in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Evaluating bids and coordinating the activities of the evaluation committees.
- Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to as required.
- Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Any Degree plus CIPS.
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Member of the Zambia institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Good working knowledge of computer including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project for project management.
- Working knowledge of Public Procurement as well as World Bank, African Development Bank and European Investment Bank Procurement Procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act as well as knowledge of the FIDIC conditions of contracting and procurement.
- Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure and manage time
- Innovation and proactive thinking ability
- Planning and personal organization; should be results oriented, methodical and able to work on own initiative
- Integrity and exemplary work ethics
- Good communication and people skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, with ability to multi task
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
PO BOX 50198