The job-holder reports to the Superintendent- Mechanical and is responsible for coordinating maintenance and repairs of mechanical plant and equipment to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of operations.
- Carrying out preventive maintenance jobs according to preventive maintenance check lists, instructions and applicable work procedures.
- Identifying and diagnosing broken down operating equipment and drawing lists of requirements.
- Identifying and diagnosing equipment with planned repairs and draw lists of requirements.
- Carrying out planned repairs according to applicable standard work procedures and schedule.
- Carrying out all none break down jobs within working hours and scheduled over times.
- Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to or escalated as required.
- Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
- Craft Certificate in Sheet Metal Fabrication or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution.
- One (1) years’ relevant experience.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Knowledge of plant operations, sewer networks, water supply and Sanitation.
- Possess a fair level of problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
- Good critical thinking skills.
- Innovation, as well as proactive and reactive thinking ability
- Integrity and exemplary work ethics
- Team worker
- Open and effective communicator
- LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
PO BOX 50198