The job-holder reports to the Manager Infrastructure Planning and Design and is responsible for supervising the implementation of water supply and sanitation infrastructure projects executed through contractors and consultants.
- Coordinating activities of consultants by preparing detailed designs for water and sanitation infrastructure for climate resilient infrastructure, and ensuring compliance with approved standards and requirements of the company and financiers.
- Ensuring that contractors have adequate levels of deployed staff, plant and equipment on site for speedy implementation of works.
- Supervising contractors by exercising the power and authority as provided for in the service level contract agreement in a timely and effective manner.
- Reviewing performance of contractors and consultants, and ensuring that actions stipulated in the contract are carried out timeously, and where the schedule is compromised requesting replacement of the contractors’ and consultants’ key staff if necessary.
- Reviewing all payment claims and submitting the same complete with accompanying progress reports to support the claim.
- Facilitating the acquisition of the necessary approvals from relevant authorities (Local Authorities, Traditional Leaders, WARMA, etc.) for the successful implementation of the project.
- Swift and timely identification of probable risk issues in your area of operation, and ensuring that these are attended to as required.
- Timely preparation and submission of comprehensive reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, or as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (MEIZ).
- Registered Engineer under the Engineers Registration Board (REng)
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a water and sanitation related environment
- Experience in project management and implementation of development partner funded projects.
- Sound knowledge of water supply and sanitation infrastructure development procedures
- Vast knowledge of hazard management, risk assessment, water and sanitation engineering procedures and safety standards
- Valid Driver’s license will be an added advantage
- Possess a high level of broad problem solving and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure
- Innovation and proactive thinking ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership qualities and team building capabilities
- Planning and personal organization; should be results oriented
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications for project management
- Good critical and reactive thinking skills.
- Integrity and exemplary work ethics
- Good communication skills
LWSC values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, females will be given preferential consideration.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and three (3) names of referees should reach the undersigned or be emailed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road,
PO BOX 50198