Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA) is a statutory body responsible for the procurement, storage and distribution of medicines and medical supplies to all public health facilities in Zambia
The Agency is seeking to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self-driven Zambian national of high integrity to fill the position of DIRECTOR GENERAL
To manage the day-to-day administration of the Agency as the Chief Executive Officer, in order to ensure that the vision and mission of ZAMMSA are realized.
- Ensure timely procurement and distribution, as well as the storage of safe, quality and efficacious medicines and medical supplies
- Develop and execute the business strategies of the Agency in order to attain its goals as directed by the Board
- Coordinate the formulation and implementation of medium term and annual operating plans and budgets for the prudent management of the Agency’s resources
- Adhere to and promote good corporate governance and ethical standards across the Agency
- Maintain a proactive public relations policy which includes corporate social responsibility
- Effectively manage staff to drive the performance of the Agency, and
- Perform any other related duties which may from time to time be assigned by the Board.
- Appointment to the position will be on contract for a term of three (3) years.
- Knowledge of the Zambian health system and national and international supply chain systems
- Financial literacy skills
- Strategic thinking, leadership and management skills
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Communication and negotiation and skills
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate degree in business management, public health, pharmacology, pharmacy, supply chain management or a related field
- The successful applicant should possess at least fifteen (15) years’ experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management level.
Method of Application
Applications accompanied by the latest curriculum vitae and copies of certificates certified by issuing institutions and validated by the Zambia Qualifications Authority, should reach the understated:
The Board Chairperson
Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency
Plot 6446, Mukwa Road
The submissions can be made in hard copy with the envelope clearly marked “Director General” or in soft copy via email ZAMMSA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.