Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The job holder will be responsible for the following:
Drive Trade sales through Documentary and structured trade finance solutions
Develop profitable product relationships, identify and meet business needs of existing and potential clients, with value propositions and process standards.
Negotiate and develop Trade facilities for all clients and protect such business from activities of competitors.
Networking with other Sales Executives and RM’s in the Absa Group in order to solve client problems and provide client solutions
Trade Strategy & Business Management:
- Evaluate the current competitive environment for transactional services cash and trade products, identify market opportunities & work with the Propositions team to develop strategic roadmap & solutions to grow revenue and gain market share
- Ownership of the transactional services cash and trade business strategy for the Copperbelt and North Western CIB region, and deliverability
Manage cash and trade business scorecard including, but not limited to:
- Financial performance and product profitability
- Product quality and performance
- Risk Performance
- Service Performance
- Proposed enhancements
- Country team targets delivery
- Understand the end to end customer experience of the product: maximise “customer delight” through optimising the product-customer interface and resolution of customer service issues
Sales and Deal Accountability:
- Drive the Corporate and Investment Banking transactional services cash and trade sales agenda
- Provide guidance and support to the Coverage and product teams on the identification and closure of customer transactions across the portfolio
- Monitor sales targets and deal pipeline
- Provide solutions and structures for customers’ transactional requirements
- Sales of new cash and trade products
- Maintenance of service quality for all customers
- Ensure performance indicators meet market demands at all times
- Agree and review Business and Sales targets with both country Head and direct reports.
- Achieve sales performance targets as specified and agreed to within annual objectives.
- Segment each client/prospect based on anticipated need and forecasted growth potential. (Priority Client Targeting)
- Agree on annual client sales objectives and action plans with RM for all priority clients and review progress quarterly.
- Plan specific call objectives required to advance the sales process with each client.
- Complete call reports to summarize discussions, opportunities and agreed actions related to all client sales calls.
- Maintain accurate Transactional Services working capital maps for all key clients as new information is identified during the sales process.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: