Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
- The Project Accountant’s main role is to record, analyze, Report and Monitor all funding related to the SUN II Project and ensure they are up to date and provide all necessary financial information for the activity. The role will consolidate all accounting and treasury information from the Program Areas and country office departments, where relevant, for all funding for the activity. The incumbent will be guided by Plan Policies and Procedures and refers all major decisions to the Project Manager SUNII and Head of Operations. The incumbent will work within the set framework and refers all decisions to the Project Manager SUNII and Head of Operations. This position is a support position that enables the Project achieve results by providing necessary finance and administration support.
- The Project Accountant reports to the Grants Accountant.
- Providing financial technical support (Back stopping) to all staff working under the Project.
- Supporting both External and Internal audits related to this Project by providing financial information and explanations during audits.
- To serve as an effective link among Finance, Business Development and the Project teams through offering effective support in financial matters.
- Ensuring that all costs related to the Project are properly allocated to correct funding source and charged in Financial system.
- Handling project advances and ensure proper accountability of funds for the Project.
- Coordinate submission of time sheets for staff and ensuring proper completion in line with Donor requirements.
- Review all Project Outlines to ensure correct Budgets, outputs and account lines have been included in the Work Break down Structure.
- Track all budget changes and ensure correct updated budgets are maintained in financial system and that activities are in line with plans.
- Ensure that all Grant funded POs and modifications are entered in Financial System and correctly mapped to funding source.
- Work with Project Manager, Programs and Business Development teams during Grant proposal development to ensure that budgets are accurately prepared and presented to management for approval.
- Prepare Bi weekly cash flow forecast for the Project and submit to Country Accountant by set timelines.
- Manage Petty Cash for the Project.
- Maintain up to date Budget Follow up Template that tracks Budgets against spend per funding source.
- Perform detailed analytical review of Grants budget and Expenditure by effectively using SAP system and coordinate explanation of variances.
- Ensure timely preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports per funding guidelines and submit for review and approval.
- Enforce compliance to Donors rules and regulations.
- Undertake Field monitoring visits and offer financial support where necessary.
- Active participation in Project meetings.
- Take necessary steps to safeguard Young people and Children at all times.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- All Financial documents relating to the Project are properly accounted for and retained for reference.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
- Member of ZICA.
- Commitment to Plan International’s Values and Guiding Principles
- Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management and initiating action
- Strategic thinking, Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making
- Leading through vision and mission and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to . Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Organisational & Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.