Northrise University is a private owned University. The University is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programs. Northrise is a Christ-centered university creating an environment for intellectual, spiritual, and emotional growth. Northrise University supports the educational, spiritual, and economic transformation of Zambia by raising up educated and empowered leaders. At Northrise students are empowered to become future leaders through rigorous academic training and high performance standards.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia.
If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for the position:
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor:
- Performs a variety of functions to ensure that all electrical, air conditioning and refrigeration for buildings, equipment, tools, are maintained in proper working order and available/maintained in a timely, planned manner.
- To do so the EMS will draft scheduled maintenance programs and updating programs as necessary along with developing new maintenance programs on an as needed basis. S/he will create checks and monitor projects and processes and create reports to be submitted to the FMM. The EMS is also responsible for supervision of all F/M related capital projects electrical and HVAC components, as tasked by the FMM
- The job holder will be expected to demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five + years’ experience in the Electrical and HVAC system maintenance of a busy industrial environment
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma or more in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical technician’s hands on skill, and repair of a variety of tools and equipment.
- MS Excel and Word
- Use of small hand tools and shop tools as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform occasional lifting and carrying of custodial and equipment, and office furniture and supplies.
- Understand and accurately follow verbal and written instructions and prepare related work reports as required.
- Act in a courteous and effective manner when dealing with students, staff and the general public.
- Willingly work beyond normal stipulated hours and on weekends as required.
- Drive motor vehicles and operate equipment
- Demonstrate understanding and application NU policies.
- Demonstrate proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
- Ability to collaborate effectively with University departments and cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Additionally, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned to:
Human Resource Officer
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway
P O Box 240271
or Email at: