Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant position in the Test Development Department.
the Principal Examinations Specialist for Tertiary Education, the Senior Examinations
Specialist Social Science Education will develop test items and question papers for Early Childhood
Education, Primary Teachers’ Diploma and Junior Secondary Teachers’ Diploma in the assigned subjects.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plan and budget for the examination development process
- Prepare monthly reports and activity reports.
- Lead, coach and collaborate the panel setters and proof readers.
- Train and evaluate setters and maintain a record of item writers, moderators and proof readers
- Commission and Coordinate item writers, moderators and proof readers
- Develop test items and assure quality in item writing, moderation and proof reading processes.
- Provide expert content knowledge with regard to the curriculum and test development.
- Edit and Proof read test items to the required standard
- Produce test items in the banks at optimum levels
- Submit camera ready examination papers and adhere to the security protocols
- Develop and review guidelines for the implementation of College Based Assessments
- Moderate School Based Assessments marks
- Develop and revise test items and cognitive instruments for national and international assessments
- Prepare marking schemes, coordination scripts and other relevant documents for use during marking
- Participate in the grading, moderation and standard fixing meetings
- Set targets and agree to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree with Education in Social Sciences or Arts
- Minimum 3 years work experience in teaching, test development or examinations administration
- Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, Verified copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers and copy of NRC. All applications must reach the undersigned:
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
PO Box 50432,