Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Manage application fraud risk by utilising various fraud detection and fraud prevention methods and systems to reduce and minimise fraud losses.SOPs. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya. Please contact Reward for details.
- Monitor, observe, and action each application in the queue on daily basis.
- Analyse debit card transaction with the effective use of transaction fraud monitoring system to track risk transactions and action them proactively to prevent fraud losses.
- Perform necessary desktop investigations on suspicious applications & transactions.
- Update proper diary notes for future tracking of the activity on each case.
- Update the central black list data base utilizing articles in various newspapers, news bulletin, D&G outcomes etc.
- Operate fraud detection system & other fraud detection systems
- Conduct sampling on various products as per Fraud sampling policy.
- Conduct detailed investigations into suspicions applications transactions & proceed into action to eliminate any fraudulent activities that may occur
- Support in investigating incidents as required by Fraud Operations Manager with un-limitation to fraud, money laundering, compliance, integrity issues employees wrong doing…etc.
- Produce investigation detailed report(s) as required.
- Assist the Field Team with the information sought by them for further action on investigations
- Support in pre-employment screening process as required.
- Support the Fraud Management Team in the Fraud Awareness Campaigns
- Ensure timely submission of local and ARO returns.
- Inform the stake holders of the action to be taken post Sybrin (Retail loans and Credit cards) review and confirmations
Prepare following MIS :
- Daily Action Taken MIS
- Monthly MIS
- Suggest triggers to modify existing rules during case analysis
- Application Action Summary MIS
- Generating triggers for detailed investigation based on the fraud alerts reviewed
- Ensure all processes are carried out within given turn around times as per the procedure manuals and Service level agreements.
- Update Manager if there is a need to perform external field investigation.
- Ensure Monthly Regulatory Reports/ Returns are accurately accomplished and delivered to regulatory institutions within the stipulated period.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
- Conduct monthly snap checks and reviews requested for by the business
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: